Child Disability Allowance, In New Zealand:

Children with Disability NZ Our mission is to make New Zealand the most disabled child friendly region in the world!

Amazon book shop Children with Disability

Child Disability Allowance

Are You Finding It Hard & Need Extra Accestence Have A Look At The Disability Allowance:

Child Disability Allowance:

Child Disability Allowance is a fortnightly payment made to the main carer of a child or young person with a serious disability. It is paid in recognition of the extra care and attention needed for that child.

Who Can Get It?

-You are the main carer of the child (or if there is no main carer, you have care of the child for the time being.)

-You are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.

-The child has been assessed as needing constant care and attention for at least 12 months because of a serious disability.

-The child or young person is under 18.

-Both you and the child should also normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here.


You may be able to get both the Disability Allowance and the Child Disability Allowance for the same child. But you can't get this allowance if the child already gets a benefit (except for the Orphan's or Unsupported Child's Benefit). If the child is 16 or over, they may be able to get Supported Living Payment. You can't get a Child Disability Allowance if you get board payments from Oranga Tamariki for the child.


Coming Soon Ministry for Disabled People.

Scroll to Top